January 23, 2023, through February 17, 2023
Who can submit?
• We only accept submissions from current GMU Film & Video Studies majors or students currently enrolled in FAVS courses.
• We welcome and hope to see screenplays of all styles and genres.
• We do not consider previously published work.
• Submissions must be original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights.
• Students may submit a maximum of 2 screenplays.
• Submissions must be made in the form of PDF.
• There is a strict 10-page submission limit per screenplay. (Title page does not count towards 10-page limit)
• All screenplays must be in English.
• Please visit this link for additional information on how to format your screenplay: https://www.finaldraft.com/learn/how-to-format-a-screenplay/
If you’re selected:
• All selected screenplays will receive a small monetary prize along with our gratitude. *
• Those selected will also receive one copy of the print journal upon publication.
• Prior to publication, all selected students must sign the copyright agreement. Click for an example.
*The payment of a monetary prize is subject to U.S. laws and regulations, including those that prohibit payments to persons from or who reside in countries subject to U.S. sanctions.